| More Information ||
| Plan your Trip ||
Of Interest for Visitors:
- Area: 504,750 sq km; 194,884 sq miles
- Population: 46.157.822 (INE 2008)
- Languages: Castilian Spanish (official language)
Catalonian, Galician, Valenciano, Vasco (are also official languages in the autonomous communities of Catalonia, Galicia, Valencia and Basque Country, respectively)
- Religion: 99% Roman Catholic
- Capital: Madrid
- Form of Government: Constitutional Monarchy
- Head of State: King Felipe VI.
- President: Mariano Rajoy
- Tourism: 57,4 million visitors per year (2008)
- Currency: Euro (Exchange Rate)
- Credit Cards: Visa, Eurocard, American Express, MasterCard, Diners Club and Access are widely accepted.
- Visa: No visa required for EU passport holders and for U.S. and Canadian citizens staying up to 90 days.
- Time: GMT/UTC plus 1 hour
- Electricity: 220V
- Weights and Measures: Metric