THE WAY OF SAINT JAMES with accommodation in unique Hotels (7 days)
It is an extraordinary experience to make the last 100 kms (62 miles) of the Camino by foot while lodging in the very best establishments which exist along this historic route: hotels, high quality villas and historic buildings which bring us close to the history, art and culture of this region of Spain.
Also the arrival in Santiago de Compostela and the included night in the grand and luxurious "Parador de los Reyes Catolicos" located next to the Cathedral will remain unforgettable.
And on your way to Santiago, during the foot marches, you will find a perfect service as well:
- Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel: you need to carry only the essentials with you while you just leave the rest of your luggage in the morning back at the hotel and find it again in the next accommodation in the evening. With this offer you may even have several pieces of luggage and there is no weight limit.
- Travel insurance and 24h telephone emergency service, should you have any problem on your trip.
- Travel documentation including your pilgrim passport Credencial, on which you can collect the required stamps on your way and then receive in Santiago the Compostela document.
For a supplement of 160 € you may also add the dinners. The menu usually consists of 2 dishes, bread, wine, water, and dessert. All selected hotels and restaurants offer good regional cooking.
This offer includes an overnight stay at the Parador of Santiago de Compostela. If you wish additional nights in Santiago, don't hesitate to ask for quotation.
From Santiago, you will start your return trip on your own. Or, maybe you wish to make also the last part of the Way of St. James: from Santiago to Fisterra or a Day Trip to Fisterra including Lunch at the price of 65 €.
You may additionally book a comfortable private transfer:
- From Santiago Airport to your hotel in Sarria at 120 € / max. 4 persons.
- From Santiago de Compostela to your hotel in Sarria at 125 € / max. 4 persons.
If you start your travel at a different point (e. g. Madrid Airport) don't hesitate to ask for information on how to get to Sarria and, if necessary, pricing for additional hotel nights.
The Way of Saint James: the last 100 kilometers by foot from Sarria to Santiago the Compostela. This is the most popular route of the "French Way" which is used by most pilgrims, because it fulfill the requirements to receive the Compostela certificate upon your arrival to Santiago.
Route and distances in kilometers:
- Day 1 - Arrival to Sarria
- Day 2 - Sarria - Portomarin (22 Km)
- Day 3 - Portomarin - Palas (24,5 Km)
- Day 4 - Palas - Arzua (27,8 Km)
- Day 5 - Arzua - Rua (17,6 Km)
- Day 6 - Rua - Santiago de Compostela (18,8 Km)
- Day 7 - Santiago de Compostela
The accommodations selected for this offer are among the best and most luxurious along the Way of St. James. There are hotels, fine country houses and historic buildings, all located right along the pilgrimage way. Of course, all rooms have a private bathroom.
All rates are per person in double room, single rooms can be booked at an additional cost of € 190.
Upon arrival in Santiago you spend the last night of the trip in the famous Parador de los Reyes Catolicos, a hotel of 5 * GL-class, right next to the cathedral on the square "Plaza de Obradoiro". It is one of the most emblematic buildings in the city.
Today's Parador was already built in 1499 as "Hospital Real" (Royal Hospital) for the numerous pilgrims arriving to Santiago and it is considered the oldest hotel in the world. With his four beautiful cloisters and the elegant rooms, it is certainly one of the most beautiful and luxurious too.
If you wish to spend additional nights at the Parador of Santiago we will of course gladly send you a quote.
By filling-in and submitting this form, you are sending a non-binding booking request directly to the provider of this service (tour operator, travel agency), who will contact you in order to agree with you all details, payment method and shipping of your documentation.